Bacon-Crusted Fruit-Stuffed French Toast
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients39 m servings 914
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 French toast sandwiches)
- Place bacon slices in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon slices to paper towels; dice. Reserve bacon grease.
- Blend cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, and sugar in a separate bowl. Fold strawberries and lemon juice into the filling.
- Divide filling between 2 slices of bread, spreading it out to the edges. Cover with remaining 2 slices of bread. Press sandwiches lightly together.
- Mix eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract, ground nutmeg, and salt in a shallow bowl to make egg wash.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoon reserved bacon grease and 1 1/2 teaspoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle half the diced bacon evenly in the skillet. Dip 1 side of each sandwich in the egg wash. Place on top of the bacon in the skillet; cook until eggs are set and slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon bacon grease and 1 1/2 teaspoon butter in the skillet. Sprinkle remaining diced bacon in the skillet. Dip the second side of each sandwich in egg wash and return to the skillet; cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches in half and garnish with mint.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute milk for the coconut milk if desired.
- Use your favorite fruit instead of strawberries if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of egg wash. The actual amount of egg wash consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 914 calories; 71.5 45.1 25.9 421 1392 Full nutrition