Ingredients45 m servings 484 cals
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat, add noodles, and cover.
- Peel and discard tough outer leaves from lemongrass. Roughly chop pale inner stalk and transfer to a food processor; pulse until minced, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in another large pot. Add lemongrass, chicken, mushrooms, red chile pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, and garlic. Simmer soup gently until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board; slice thinly and return to the pot. Stir in lime juice and sugar.
- Drain noodles and divide among serving bowls. Ladle soup on top. Garnish with a lime wedge, green onions, and basil.
- Cook's Notes:
- I prefer cremini mushrooms but pretty much any type of mushroom would work.
- Reduced-fat coconut milk works just as well.
- Use Thai basil if you can find it.
Per Serving: 484 calories; 22.9 g fat; 58.5 g carbohydrates; 13.1 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 2120 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was delicious. I added 2 TBSP of fish oil, and lemon zest instead of lemongrass and it turned out great.
Despite adding chili oil, salt, and sesame oil this dish had very little flavor.
We loved this soup. I added only 1 Tbs of Fish Sauce. l like using this ingredient in Thai dishes. Lovely fresh flavor all around in this dish. Enjoy!