Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 401 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 bowls)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until mostly cooked, about 8 minutes. Add broccoli; continue cooking until penne is tender, about 3 minutes more. Drain and keep warm.
- Trim beef and slice into thin bite-size strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender and beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Return skillet to the heat. Add beef broth, tomato paste, and Dijon mustard. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, 5 to 8 minutes. Continue cooking for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Divide penne and broccoli among 4 bowls. Spoon beef mixture on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute rigatoni for the penne if desired.
- Substitute flat-iron steak for the chuck if desired. Partially freezing it makes slicing easier.
Per Serving: 401 calories; 10.2 g fat; 55.9 g carbohydrates; 23.6 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 683 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I added some fresh oregano, steak spice, Mrs Dash, and some white wine to give it a tad more flavor and it was great.