Ingredients45 m servings 483
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and chop into shorter lengths.
- Grind peanuts into a coarse, chunky meal using a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Combine noodles, peanuts, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, and green onions in a large bowl. Serve soy sauce and wasabi paste alongside.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 sweet potato for the carrots if desired.
- You can also serve the ingredients in separate bowls and let each person assemble his or her own noodle bowl.
- Though this is a traditional Vietnamese dish, I find it extremely difficult to get my hands on a good fish sauce. I've learned that, in a pinch, the soy and wasabi dressing is so much easier to keep on hand, and everyone loves it! I highly recommend each person combine the soy sauce and wasabi individually (sushi-style), as everyone has his/her own version of what proportion of wasabi they enjoy and can tolerate.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 18.7 69.9 13.8 0 1874 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have been searching for a recipe similar to what we enjoy in a local Vietnamese restaurant. I liked the idea of letting everyone top their noodles as they preferred, so I set out bowls of shre...
Fresh and delicious! I used soba noodles because I didn't have any glass noodles. This recipe is perfect for a buffet style meal so everyone can pick and choose the ingredients and their amounts...