Homemade Vegetable Baby Food
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 21
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 cups)
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with 2 inches of water or just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer steamed carrots to a food processor and process until almost smooth, scraping down sides periodically. Add 1/4 cup water from the saucepan and process until carrots are smooth. Repeat until desired consistency is reached.
- Scoop 1/3 to 1/2 cup pureed carrots into sandwich-size resealable bags. Squeeze bag to remove excess air and seal. Flatten bags and stack in the freezer.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Any type of vegetable can be used in place of the carrots.
- Be sure that your work surface is clean and sanitized. Wash hands thoroughly with soap.
- Place sticky label on each bag stating contents and date. Thaw by running under water, placing in fridge for a day, or in microwave.
Per Serving: 21 calories; 0.1 4.8 0.5 0 35 Full nutrition