Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 20
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 1/2 cups)
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add plums, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer plums to a food processor and blend, adding water from the saucepan as needed, until desired consistency is reached. Allow pureed plums to reach room temperature before serving or freezing.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use the Baby Breeza® for steaming the plums.
- When purchasing plums, you should purchase them within a week as the longer they are stored, the more bruised and softened they become. Choose plums without bruising, soft spots or cuts.
- Optional mix-ins: apples, blueberries, cranberries, peaches, melons, chicken, yogurt. Stir in grains or milk when preparing to serve.
- I usually prefer to store the leftovers using the Infantino squeeze pouch system, but in the case with plums, I mix my little recipes together prior to storing in pouches; otherwise, I store them in ice cube trays, 1/2 full to have smaller amounts reserved for each meal.
- When storing, you may choose to store in ice cube trays 1/2 full. Plums are an acquired taste for most baby, but are definitely so healthy and good for digestion, that they are great to be mixed in with other foods. They thaw nicely, and can easily be added to other food combinations for baby.
Per Serving: 20 calories; 0.1 5 0.3 0 0 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1