Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 27 m servings 554
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Rub each pork chop on both sides with halved garlic. Add 2 pork chops to the skillet; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a 4-quart casserole dish. Repeat with remaining 2 pork chops.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add to pork chops in the casserole dish. Spread rice and apples on top.
- Combine chicken broth, hard cider, cloves, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper in a 1-quart saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour broth mixture over apples in the casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the pork chops reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1/2 cup apple cider plus 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar for the hard cider if preferred.
Per Serving: 554 calories; 18.9 52.6 38.9 88 97 Full nutrition