Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 5 m servings 330
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place Great Northern beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain.
- Place beans in a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and run beans under cold water to cool.
- Combine red bell peppers and asparagus in a pot and cover with water; bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, parsley, shallot, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Combine beans, red bell pepper, and asparagus in a bowl; pour 2/3 of the dressing over mixture and toss gently. Add more dressing if desired.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of dressing. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 18.7 32 11.4 0 91 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was a simple recipe with few ingredients, but, had very good flavor! I am not a fan of boiled vegetables, so, I roasted the asparagus & red pepper in a little olive oil and salt & pepper b...