Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 317
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place pork steak between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix flour, paprika, salt, and ground black pepper on a plate. Measure out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and set aside. Dredge pork in remaining mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add tomatoes to the skillet; cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Dissolve beef bouillon cube in 1/2 cup water in a small bowl. Stir into the tomatoes. Cook, covered, until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Return pork steak to the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer until pork is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Mix reserved 1 tablespoon flour mixture with remaining 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Stir into the sauce in the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened, about 4 minutes. Pour sauce over pork and garnish with parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute one 15-ounce can of chopped tomatoes for the fresh tomatoes if desired.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 20.8 17.5 15.5 79 836 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
A couple of small changes, to suit my taste preferences, and this was lovely. As the daily gourmet suggested onion was added (half a Spanish onion lightly fried to soften before adding the tomat...