Ingredients8 m servings 79
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise with the tip of a sharp knife. Holding the pod open, scrape seeds from each half using the flat side of the knife. Transfer seeds to a large bowl; discard pod.
- Pour heavy cream over vanilla seeds. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- For almond Chantilly cream, use 1/2 teaspoon almond extract instead of vanilla extract.
- Use regular white sugar instead of superfine sugar if desired.
- If you over-whip the cream and it becomes stiff, just add a bit more heavy whipping cream and whip softly by hand to reconstitute. You ain't makin' butter... rather a sweet cream.
Per Serving: 79 calories; 7.3 3.2 0.4 27 8 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
If you want to substitute vanilla bean paste for the vanilla bean, you would use 3 tsp per 1 vanilla bean so 1.5 tsp for this recipe. Also, I used powdered sugar which turned out great. I tried ...
I could eat this by the spoonful! I used regular sugar because that's what I had and it turned out smooth and creamy.
I thought it was great if you don't want a whipped cream that is not too sweat. I'll make it again.
And for a little extra touch add 2 generous table spoons of Amaretto instead of the flavored extract. YUM YUM!!