Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Flaxseed and Oats
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 216
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix whole wheat flour, brown sugar, flaxseed meal, oats, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, butter, 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Stir in flour mixture. Add bananas; mix until batter is well-combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let cool, about 25 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 216 calories; 9.2 31 4.9 47 163 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I found this bread to be an unnecessarily expensive banana bread, using buttermilk ,and a stick of butter. To top it off, I could taste the buttermilk, and I thought it detracted from the taste...
It is good--especially when smothered with butter after toasting it. My bananas ended up at 1 1/2 cups mashed. I followed the recipe as written, and it was done after only 47 minutes for me. ...