Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 293
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts onto a baking sheet.
- Toast in preheated oven until nuts start to turn golden brown and become fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes. Coarsely chop walnuts.
- Place walnuts in a large bowl. Add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; mix until combined.
- Mix mashed bananas, honey, eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, butter, and vanilla extract together in another large bowl. Add banana mixture to flour mixture, mixing with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until batter is just blended.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges and top are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also bake this in 3 mini loaf pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 16 35.3 6.2 36 206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Delicious! I did not add the walnuts b/c the kids do not like them in their banana bread, but that was my only change. Great flavor, super moist and the best part is that it is a healthier versi...
This banana bread is amazing! I substituted natural applesauce for the yogurt just for preference and had to cook it a little longer. I love that it doesn't have refined sugar and uses whole whe...
This recipe is a Keeper! I was out of plain yogurt and used about 1/3 cup of milk and it was moist and flavorful . I'll make sure I have yogurt on hand next time.....I am sure it will be eve...
I had to make a few changes but it turned out great. My son is allergic to eggs so we did the "baking soda and vinegar" substitute. I also only had regular yogurt instead of greek. The walnuts w...
I’ve been searching for a banana bread recipe that includes whole wheat flour, less refined sugar, yogurt and lots of banana. I finally found it! The only changes I made were to use maple syrup ...
I don't like things very sweet but I'll add another 1/4 cup honey next time. Other than that, the bread was good
I love that this uses whole wheat flour, yogurt and honey. The flavor is really wonderful. I used 3 bananas and only a cup of walnuts. I didn't care for walnuts in this so I will not use the...