Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 293
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts onto a baking sheet.
- Toast in preheated oven until nuts start to turn golden brown and become fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes. Coarsely chop walnuts.
- Place walnuts in a large bowl. Add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; mix until combined.
- Mix mashed bananas, honey, eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, butter, and vanilla extract together in another large bowl. Add banana mixture to flour mixture, mixing with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until batter is just blended.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges and top are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also bake this in 3 mini loaf pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 16 35.3 6.2 36 206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Delicious! I did not add the walnuts b/c the kids do not like them in their banana bread, but that was my only change. Great flavor, super moist and the best part is that it is a healthier versi...
This banana bread is amazing! I substituted natural applesauce for the yogurt just for preference and had to cook it a little longer. I love that it doesn't have refined sugar and uses whole whe...
This recipe is a Keeper! I was out of plain yogurt and used about 1/3 cup of milk and it was moist and flavorful . I'll make sure I have yogurt on hand next time.....I am sure it will be eve...
I’ve been searching for a banana bread recipe that includes whole wheat flour, less refined sugar, yogurt and lots of banana. I finally found it! The only changes I made were to use maple syrup ...
I was just about to modify another recipe when I discovered this one! I wanted something healthier using whole wheat, coconut oil and no sugar. And this did not disappoint! It was perfectly swee...
Just made this and it's very good. Love that it's healthy. If you are looking for a sweet banana bread, this is not it. Despite the honey and over-ripe bananas, I don't get even a hint of sweetn...
I had to make a few changes but it turned out great. My son is allergic to eggs so we did the "baking soda and vinegar" substitute. I also only had regular yogurt instead of greek. The walnuts w...