Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 185
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9x5-inch nonstick loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Beat brown sugar and oil together in a large bowl until well-blended. Add eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract; mix well to combine. Stir in mashed bananas. Add whole wheat flour and baking soda; stir until incorporated. Fold walnuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cover loaf with a clean towel and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- Bake at 275 to 300 degrees F (135 to 150 degrees C) if you have a convection oven.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 7.1 27.7 5.1 46 126 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I needed a whole wheat recipe for banana bread and this was perfect! It’s nice and moist. The only change I made was to use coconut oil instead of olive oil. My kids loved it too and didn’t even...
8.7.16 I'm typically not crazy about banana bread made with whole wheat flour, but this recipe turned out fairly well. Baked in 3 mini loaf pans for 35 minutes, it's plenty moist, light in te...