Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 185
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x5-inch loaf)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9x5-inch nonstick loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Beat brown sugar and oil together in a large bowl until well-blended. Add eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract; mix well to combine. Stir in mashed bananas. Add whole wheat flour and baking soda; stir until incorporated. Fold walnuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cover loaf with a clean towel and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Bake at 275 to 300 degrees F (135 to 150 degrees C) if you have a convection oven.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 7.1 27.7 5.1 46 126 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
8.7.16 I'm typically not crazy about banana bread made with whole wheat flour, but this recipe turned out fairly well. Baked in 3 mini loaf pans for 35 minutes, it's plenty moist, light in te...