Baked Chicken Pepperoni
Ingredients32 m servings 418
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Rub oregano and basil over chicken breasts.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour half the spaghetti sauce into a large baking dish. Lay chicken breasts on top. Coat chicken with remaining half of the spaghetti sauce. Scatter mozzarella cheese over sauce. Arrange 6 pepperoni slices over each chicken breast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any blend of Italian shredded cheeses instead of mozzarella if preferred.
- You can use regular pepperoni instead of turkey pepperoni, but it's a little greasier.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 17.4 16.9 46.8 133 1355 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I've been making this same recipe for years. It's an easy, weeknight meal. The only thing I do different is I bake the chicken and sauce for 30 minutes at 350, then add the pepperoni and bake ...
Even though I cooked and then baked a little extra time, on the chicken, it still wasn't cooked all the way through. I then put it in the microwave to finish cooking it. The reason I give it on...
Love the movie, love the recipe! I had some chicken thighs already cooked, so I chopped a few pepperoni slices, put it in the sauce, and poured it over the thighs with a hearty portion of mozz...