Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 22 m servings 495 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy plastic or waxed paper on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip both sides of chicken in bread crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 chicken breasts until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining olive oil and chicken breasts. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine tomatoes, sugar, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, basil, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt and black pepper in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour sauce evenly over chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Cover tomato sauce with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Depending on the size of the chicken breasts you use, you may need to use two 9x13-inch baking dishes.
- The longer you cook the tomato sauce, the more flavor it will have.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 29.2 g fat; 15.6 g carbohydrates; 39.8 g protein; 108 mg cholesterol; 1291 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was very tasty. The pepperoni added a nice twist to our usual chicken parm. I made the chicken cutlets the way I normally do with a flour dusting, egg wash, and then the bread crumbs. Al...