Grilled Zucchini, Eggplant and Red Onion Fusilli with Parmesan Cheese with Teriyaki Chicken Tacos
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 575 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Teriyaki Chicken Tacos: Toss chicken with VH(R) Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 8 hours.
- Purple Cabbage Slaw: Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic and salt; toss with cabbage. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Spray grate of outdoor grill with PAM(R) Grilling for Grill Spray. Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice chicken.
- Fill tortillas with sliced chicken, some of the cabbage slaw, avocado, cucumber and green onion. Serve with remaining cabbage slaw and lime wedges.
- Grilled Zucchini, Eggplant and Red Onion Fusilli: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season zucchini, eggplant and red onion with salt and pepper; spray with PAM(R) Olive Oil cooking spray.
- Grill vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until grill-marked and tender. (Eggplant should be soft; cook eggplant for 1 to 2 minutes longer if necessary.) Let vegetables cool slightly; chop coarsely. Meanwhile, cook fusilli according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in large, deep skillet, heat Aylmer(R) Accents(R) Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Cut Tomatoes over medium heat until simmering. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes; toss with pasta. Sprinkle with shaved cheese before serving.
- Recipe Tips:
- For quick and easy slaw, use prepared pre-shredded cabbage.
- For a spicy kick, add sliced fresh or pickled jalapeno peppers.
- This dish is also delicious with Aylmer® Accents® Spicy Red Pepper.
- Garnish the dish with 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley if you like.
- When cooking eggplant, cook until soft and tender. This will ensure a buttery, rich texture. If undercooked, eggplant has an unpleasant spongy texture.
Per Serving: 575 calories; 16.3 g fat; 85.2 g carbohydrates; 27.3 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 1276 mg sodium. Full nutrition