Egg and Peach Mash
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients37 m servings 171 cals
Original recipe yields 1 servings (3 /4 cup)
- Steam or boil diced peaches until very tender. Drain if necessary and mash or puree until you have your desired consistency. Let cool slightly then place in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place your egg in a small pot and cover with cold water. The water should be about an inch or so higher than the egg. Cover the pot with a lid. Over high heat, bring your egg to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
- Drain water and immediately run cold water over egg until cooled. Rapid cooling helps prevent a green ring from forming around the yolks.
- Peel egg and place in a bowl. Mash very well.
- Combine egg with 1/4 cup (60 mL) pureed peaches and mashed banana. Mash together well until you have your desired consistency. Add a little breast milk or formula to thin if you like.
- Short on time? Instead of preparing your own peach puree, use a jar or squeeze pouch of baby peach puree instead.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of prepared peaches. The actual amount of peaches consumed will be much less.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 5.2 g fat; 25.2 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 186 mg cholesterol; 78 mg sodium. Full nutrition