Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 251
- Place water, sugar, star anise, cinnamon stick, and cardamom in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Let tea steep and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Remove tea bags and strain out whole spices; discard. Whisk in condensed milk. Pour into a large pitcher and refrigerate until flavors combine, at least 1 hour.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice. Serve tea over ice.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute orange-flavored black tea for the red rooibos if preferred.
- If using loose tea, use 1/2 cup tea leaves instead of 8 to 10 tea bags. In step 2, strain through a coffee filter or cheesecloth set in a fine-mesh sieve.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 5.3 48.2 5 20 84 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious! I used orange-flavored black tea, as suggested by the recipe creator, and it was great! This reminded me a lot of iced chai tea, which is one of my faves. This is a definite keeper~YU...
Even better than I get at my local Asian Restaurant!! Plus, I get to make it sugar free!!!
Delicious! I put in a little extra sugar and added 1 tsp. of vanilla extract at the end in my pitcher of tea. I also used a little sweetened condensed milk and half&half. This IS the definitive ...