Too Much Lemon Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 233
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 8 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Combine butter and sugar together in a large bowl; beat until creamy. Add eggs; beat until smooth.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Beat gradually into the butter mixture. Mix lemon juice, sour cream, and lemon zest into the batter.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each almost full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool in the pan, about 30 minutes.
- Top each cupcake with a heaping teaspoon of lemon curd and 1 meringue cookie.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I used the zest and juice of 3 large lemons for this recipe, half for the batter, half for the lemon curd.
- You can use store-bought meringue and lemon curd if you're short on time, but I had made them from scratch earlier.
- Meringue absorbs moisture from the lemon curd very quickly, and becomes soft and creamy. If you want it to stay crispy, place the cookies just before serving.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 8 37.9 3.7 74 169 Full nutrition