Ingredients30 m servings 354
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion and bell pepper until beef is browned and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Remove mixture from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In same skillet, prepare Knorr(R) Rice SidesTM- Beef flavor according to package directions.
- Stir pinto beans and seasoned beef mixture into the rice; continue cooking until thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and continue cooking until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and any additional favorite toppings.
- Cook's Note:
- I use 1/2 green bell pepper and 1/2 red bell pepper.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 14.1 33.4 22 60 481 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I really liked this. It was so simple, fast, and filling. The only downside is it is a tad salty. I would not add extra salt and rinse the beans well. This would be good, as suggested, with a ba...
This was very good. I did add some pepper jack cheese to the cheddar, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I served this with tortillas, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomato, lettuce, and g...
Very good! Had trouble finding the Knorr's rice side dish, just added a frozen rice and veggie side. Quick easy dinner!
My family enjoyed this. I used plain brown rice and red and yellow pepper instead of green. Served with all our regular taco fixings...sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes.
I used multi-colored bell peppers and I added some spice to it - cayenne pepper - mainly because I love cayenne pepper and spice. Otherwise, I made it exactly. I see the picture has tomatoes. ...
I loved it.. changed it a bit. Made a Mexican rice and used ground turkey instead. Sautéd onions and peppers first, added seasoning to onion mixture. Sauté ground turkey with half can of ref...
I added red and yellow bell peppers only half each and taco seasoning and put it on tortilla open faced it was yummy!!