Ingredients30 m servings 354
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, onion and bell pepper until beef is browned and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Remove mixture from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In same skillet, prepare Knorr(R) Rice SidesTM- Beef flavor according to package directions.
- Stir pinto beans and seasoned beef mixture into the rice; continue cooking until thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and continue cooking until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and any additional favorite toppings.
- Cook's Note:
- I use 1/2 green bell pepper and 1/2 red bell pepper.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 14.1 33.4 22 60 481 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I really liked this. It was so simple, fast, and filling. The only downside is it is a tad salty. I would not add extra salt and rinse the beans well. This would be good, as suggested, with a ba...
Very good! Had trouble finding the Knorr's rice side dish, just added a frozen rice and veggie side. Quick easy dinner!
My family enjoyed this. I used plain brown rice and red and yellow pepper instead of green. Served with all our regular taco fixings...sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes.
I used multi-colored bell peppers and I added some spice to it - cayenne pepper - mainly because I love cayenne pepper and spice. Otherwise, I made it exactly. I see the picture has tomatoes. ...
I loved it.. changed it a bit. Made a Mexican rice and used ground turkey instead. Sautéd onions and peppers first, added seasoning to onion mixture. Sauté ground turkey with half can of ref...
I added red and yellow bell peppers only half each and taco seasoning and put it on tortilla open faced it was yummy!!
This is pretty darn good. You can doctor it up like you want. Thank you for the recipe.