SPAM® and Potato Soup
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 908
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 50 minutes to 1 hour. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop potato flesh out into a bowl and mash lightly with a fork.
- Cook and stir SPAM(R) Classic in a skillet over medium heat until browned (optional).
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat; stir in flour to form a smooth roux. Cook and stir roux until well combined and bubbling; stir in milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook milk mixture, stirring continuously, until it thickens, about 5 minutes; stir in potatoes and SPAM(R) Classic and cook until heated through.
- Serve in bowls and garnish each with about 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 908 calories; 52.1 77.6 34 147 1851 Full nutrition