Ingredients45 m servings 455
- Cook and stir SPAM(R) Classic in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned all over, about 10 minutes. Set aside on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Stir chicken broth, peanut butter, and soy sauce together in a small saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring, until a smooth peanut sauce forms. Season peanut sauce with pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; cook udon noodles just until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, then add back to pot over low heat.
- Stir peanut sauce and SPAM(R) Classic into noodles until noodles and SPAM(R) Classic are coated; turn out onto a plate and garnish with chopped green onion, if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- For additional flavor, add in a couple drops of sesame oil or red chili flakes to the sauce.
- This is also good garnished with chopped fresh cilantro.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 25.8 38.3 17 48 2059 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I had to try this really bad!! Glad I did, however, my grocery store in my itty bitty town, did not have dry Udon noodles, so I opted for the premade Udon Ramen in the produce cold salad section...
Good simple recipe. My daughter likes it, but her brothers don't. I think I would like it better with the green onion added. I didn't have any this time. Definitely will make again.
My husband really loved this. I thought it was good too. My gr granddaughter and gr grandson, though they loved the noodle and peanut sauce, didn't like the spam.
Good baseline recipe. I used chicken instead of Spam. Used 14 oz. of rice noodles and doubled the standard sauce ingredients. Sauce turned sticky quickly, so added even more broth until it was m...