Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients53 m servings 182
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 croquettes)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened and browned, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and white wine. Pour in milk gradually, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon; cook until white sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove white sauce from heat. Stir in rice until evenly mixed. Add Parmesan cheese, dill, salt, and black pepper. Cool until mixture is easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 3 tablespoons flour in a shallow bowl. Whisk egg in a small bowl. Spread bread crumbs on a plate.
- Form rice mixture into 8 equal balls. Roll 1 ball in flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If there doesn't seem to be enough white sauce to evenly coat the rice in step 2, you can gradually stir in a little bit more milk until it seems to be enough.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 7.5 21.5 6.5 54 412 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1