Jan's Pasta-N-Peas with Tuna and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
"This is a fresh and modern take on two recipes from my Italian mother-in-law. Fresh peas in place of canned, sun dried tomatoes in place of heavy tomato sauce and Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water replacing tuna in oil. This is a fast and flavorful meal to put together with just a few shelf stable ingredients."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 309
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the oil from the sun dried tomatoes in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add in onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onions begin to turn translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the broth to the onions and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the peas and the sun dried tomatoes. Cook for another 3 minutes. Peas should remain crisp so be careful not to over cook.
- Stir in undrained tuna and heat through. Be careful not to break up too many large pieces of the tuna while stirring. Cook about 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and crushed red pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately over hot pasta. Garnish with parsley and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any pasta you like. Serve with crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 2.1 51.7 19.5 18 360 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We normally make it sans peas as we often forget then at the store. It's a simple and quick dish that is very tasty over pasta!