Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 291
- Place tuna, cannellini beans, onion, parsley, and capers in bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, red vinegar, and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into tuna mixture. Stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat in a sauce pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 1 minute. Add brown sugar and salt and stir to dissolve.
- Continue stirring until sauce thickens, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- To serve, place tuna on lettuce leaves and drizzle with balsamic syrup and sunflower seeds.
- Cook's Notes:
- Watercress or arugula make excellent garnishes for this dish.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 7.7 42.3 13.2 16 466 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
5 stars all the way! I'm not a big tuna fan, but wanted to try something new and different. This tastes like something you'd be served at a fancy lunch. Very elegant and also very versatile. Gr...
I followed the recipe with the exception of using a 7 oz can of tuna (Costco) & a little less than a can of small white beans. I was surprised how much I liked it. The balsamic syrup & sunflowe...
Quick and easy recipe. Loved the flavor! Very fresh and healthy. The sweetness of the sauce was a great balance against the tuna and beans. Even my 6 year old cleared his plate. Would make again!
This was great! I used turbinado sugar instead of brown (it was all I had) with a touch of maple syrup. I also put it on a bed of lettuce, you get more greens and the serving seems larger. I w...