Sweet and Spicy Tuna Cups
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 153
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 tuna cups)
- Combine gyoza dipping sauce, sugar, garlic, toasted sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place defrosted puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface. Dust the top of the puff pastry sheet with flour, and roll out slightly to form an 11 x 13-inch rectangle. Cut the pastry sheet into 24 equal size rectangles by cutting the 11-inch dimension into 4 equal strips, and then cutting the 13-inch dimension into 6 equal strips.
- Lay each rectangle over the hole of a mini muffin tin, and push the middle of the dough down into the muffin tin, to form a cup. (There will be some excess dough that sits on top of the muffin tin, and depending on the size of your mini muffin pan, you may need to bake these in batches, skipping every-other hole of the muffin tin, so that the excess dough does not touch.)
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and punch down the puffed up middle portion of the pastry cups with a fork. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and punch down the centers again with a fork, forming a nice hole for the filling. Let cool completely before removing from the muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, lightly toss the tuna, mango, and sweet bell pepper until evenly combined. Using a small spoon, fill each puff pastry cup with the tuna filling. Drizzle the reserved sauce over the tuna filling and garnish with the chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- A round, 1-1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, well packed with the filling works really well to fill the pastry cups.
Per Serving: 153 calories; 8.1 11.8 7.2 11 249 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I love tuna and I loved experimenting with this recipe! I felt so fancy using puff pastry for the first time it not only taste great it was simple to use. I did everything as it said to do and t...