Creme Brulee Rice Pudding
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 575 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 6 (4 oz.) ramekins.
- In saucepan, combine milk and whipping cream. Cut vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape vanilla bean seeds into saucepan; add vanilla beans and salt. Bring to a low boil.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, cinnamon, rice, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Remove vanilla beans from cream mixture. Slowly pour hot cream mixture in a thin stream into the egg/rice mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour or ladle into prepared ramekins; place ramekins on a large baking sheet and place on oven rack; carefully pour enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake until edges are set and centers are still slightly jiggly when shaken, approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from water bath and place on rack to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Cover; chill at least 3 hours. When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and sprinkle remaining sugar evenly over tops. Broil 5-6 inches from heat until sugar evenly melts and becomes a caramel color.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. (Sugar may also be browned using a professional culinary torch.)
Per Serving: 575 calories; 34.4 g fat; 59 g carbohydrates; 9.3 g protein; 306 mg cholesterol; 105 mg sodium. Full nutrition