Baby Egg, Apple and Rice Cereal
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 248 cals
Original recipe yields 1 servings (3 /4 cup)
- Steam or boil diced apples until very tender, about 30 minutes. Drain if necessary and mash or puree until you have your desired consistency. Let cool, then place in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, place your egg in a small pot and cover with cold water. The water should be about an inch or so higher than the egg. Cover the pot with a lid. Over high heat, bring your egg to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
- Drain water and immediately run cold water over egg until cooled. Rapid cooling helps prevent a green ring from forming around the yolks.
- Peel egg and place in a bowl. Mash very well and set aside.
- Prepare baby rice cereal according to package directions, mixing until you have your desired consistency.
- Combine mashed egg with 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple puree and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) prepared baby rice cereal in a bowl. Mash together well until you have your desired consistency. Add a little breast milk or formula to thin if you like.
- Short on time? Instead of preparing your own apple purée, use a jar or squeeze pouch of baby apple purée instead.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 6.5 g fat; 43.2 g carbohydrates; 8.1 g protein; 189 mg cholesterol; 86 mg sodium. Full nutrition