Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 m servings 167
Original recipe yields 6 servings (30 dandelions)
- Wash dandelions under cool running water and dry on paper towels. Remove the green tendrils behind each flower.
- Mix flour, curry powder, and salt together in a bowl or measuring cup. Beat egg in a bowl; stir in flour mixture until smooth. Add beer to mixture until batter is similar to runny pancake batter. Add more beer if batter is too thick.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). If you don't have a thermometer, heat the oil until it begins to shimmer.
- Dip dandelion flowers in the batter and gently drop in the hot oil, working in batches. Fry flowers until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer cooked flowers to crumpled paper towels or on a wire rack; serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe makes enough batter for more dandelions, or it also works well for onion rings.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of batter ingredients. The actual amount of batter consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 167 calories; 8.5 17.8 3.6 31 214 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I wasn't a fan but to be fair I grew up eating dandelions battered with pancake batter