Turkey and Quinoa Meatballs
Ingredients55 m servings 419
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- Combine turkey, quinoa, eggs, parsley, sage, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Add celery mixture and 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture; mix until well-combined.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture on the bottom of two 9-inch square baking dishes. Form turkey mixture into meatballs with damp hands. Pour remaining 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture over the meatballs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and ketchup mixture is thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute coconut or avocado oil for the olive oil if desired.
- Substitute Bragg® Liquid Aminos for the soy sauce if desired.
- You can also form the meat mixture into 2 meatloaves (using damp hands). Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), 45 to 60 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 16.4 35.8 34.7 175 1657 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I loved the tangy, sweet sauce. I baked mine all in one 9x13 dish. My only issue was how wet the meatballs were, they held together enough to bake but were so soft when serving. I think I might ...
Wish I'd read the reviews first! I made the meatballs but was concerned over how wet they were, as others mentioned. They definitely set up better as they cool, but they pretty much fell apart a...
I made this twice. The first time I felt the combo of the sage and balsamic glaze tasted odd. I switched it up to oregano the second time and personally liked it much better..
Decided to give this recipe a go tonight, figured it would be a nice and healthy experiment; I am beyond happy that I did! I decided to go the meatloaf route as didn't have time for rolling meat...