Lui's Zucchini Leek Pho
Ingredients40 m servings 149
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant and browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to high; add chicken chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add carrots, curry powder, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until carrots are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add lime juice.
- Stir zucchini noodles, leek, celery, and mushrooms into broth; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid boils again. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Pile the zucchini noodles and vegetables into each serving bowl using tongs or pasta forks. Ladle broth over them and top with cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cut the zucchini into noodle shapes using a spiralizing kitchen device or cut into long strips using a mandoline and slice into fettuccine-like strips using a knife.
- Substitute the curry powder with turmeric, allspice, and coriander, if desired.
- Substitute 1 can mushrooms for the fresh mushrooms, if desired.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 7.6 19.3 4.1 0 128 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I love this recipe. I followed it as written except I doubled it, substituted half the chicken broth with vegetable broth & omitted the mushrooms. It’s delicious & I appreciate the low-carb subs...
This was nice. I added two boneless skinless chicken thighs when the boil started for the carrots. I shredded them and added back in at the end. I used long shreds on the box grater for the z...
I made a few changes. Used Asian noodles but added zucchini any way. I cooked the noodles in the stock. It was delicious.
Excellent!! I always try to follow a recipe but ended up adding more broth, kale, top ramen noodle pkt and topping with green onions. Have 8 servings. But that’s just me!
So good.. I don't have my veggie spiralizer yet so I made it with udon noodles, omitted the celery, added baby bok choy and a dash of a very high quality Caribbean soy sauce. The possibilities a...