Chestnut Flour Waffles (Gluten Free)
"The rich and nutty flavor of chestnut flour makes a deliciously unique waffle. Light in texture but hearty in flavor, this is a perfect treat for those cool autumn mornings. Chestnut flour has a smoky flavor that hints of molasses. When you taste these hot waffles topped with maple syrup you'll think Mother Nature arranged this marriage!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 m servings 260 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 waffles)
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix chestnut flour, white rice flour, potato starch, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, egg yolk, vegetable oil, and honey in another bowl. Sift in flour mixture, whisking constantly to prevent lumps in the batter.
- Beat egg white in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until peaks form. Fold gently into batter until just combined.
- Pour batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown per manufacturer's instructions, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute brown rice flour for the white rice flour if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 11.3 g fat; 33.1 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 98 mg cholesterol; 184 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1