Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients17 h 21 m servings 204
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place pork loin and onion in a small pot. Pour dark ale over pork and coat with tomato sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Transfer pork mixture to a slow cooker. Cook on Low until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 8 hours.
- Transfer pork from the slow cooker to a cutting board, reserving cooking liquid. Shred the pork using 1 fork to hold the pork and another to shred the meat.
- Place chili powder and cumin in a large pot over medium heat; toast until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add water, pumpkin, chicken bouillon, jalapeno pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer and cook until pumpkin softens, about 20 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender until sauce is smooth.
- Stir corn, beans, cilantro, and black pepper into the sauce. Add shredded pork and reserved cooking liquid; mix to combine. Cook until flavors are blended and chili reaches desired thickness, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute two 15-ounces canned pumpkin for the fresh pumpkin if desired. Substitute one 15-ounce can Great Northern beans for the dry beans if desired.
- Substitute 3 chicken bouillon cubes for the powder if preferred.
- Substitute dried cilantro for the fresh cilantro if preferred.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 204 calories; 5.8 17.7 19.1 43 290 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1