Authentic Swedish Pancakes
Amber Adamson Kincheloe
Ingredients12 m servings 66
- Beat eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer until thick and lemon-colored, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in milk.
- Sift flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Add to egg mixture; mix until batter is smooth.
- Grease a griddle with butter; heat over medium heat. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter on the griddle; spread to make thin pancakes. Cook until light brown on bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until second side is light brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Note:
- Make sure to use real butter, not margarine. They can be made into larger cakes. However, the yield will be smaller.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 66 calories; 2.6 7.7 3 47 122 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
This recipe is very similar to the one my Mormor taught my mom, and I've been making these now for a little over 50 years! This calls for one less egg, a little more flour, half the sugar---but...
When I was a girl, I sat in the kitchen with my Swedish grandpa and watched him make these. When I needed a recipe while sitting with him he just said, "oh put a few eggs, a sprinkle of flour, s...
Served with cranberry butter rolled up inside and dusted with powdered sugar. Just take one stick softened butter and mix with one can whole berry cranberry sauce.
It turned out really good. My nieces, ages 12, 9 and 7 are completely different, one filled with BlackBerry jelly, one with nutella and one with marshmallow cream. Rolled them up like crepes an...
These pancakes were lite and fluffy. Easy to make and filling. I followed the recipe as written and thoroughly enjoyed. I will make them again.
loved it and it was so simple! can go with any topping you want. One grand wanted chocolate chip and banana, one strawberry, and another cinnamon sugar all was great!!
Deliciously sweet and easy to make!!! I paired the pancakes with a fresh lemon syrup. Just add fresh lemon juice and sugar together over the stove on low an lightly drizzle for an extra fresh ki...