Authentic Swedish Pancakes
Amber Adamson Kincheloe
Ingredients12 m servings 66
- Beat eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer until thick and lemon-colored, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in milk.
- Sift flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Add to egg mixture; mix until batter is smooth.
- Grease a griddle with butter; heat over medium heat. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter on the griddle; spread to make thin pancakes. Cook until light brown on bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until second side is light brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Note:
- Make sure to use real butter, not margarine. They can be made into larger cakes. However, the yield will be smaller.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 66 calories; 2.6 7.7 3 47 122 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This recipe is very similar to the one my Mormor taught my mom, and I've been making these now for a little over 50 years! This calls for one less egg, a little more flour, half the sugar---but...
Served with cranberry butter rolled up inside and dusted with powdered sugar. Just take one stick softened butter and mix with one can whole berry cranberry sauce.
I doubled the recipe, it turned out perfect! Family couldn't get enough of them, will be making them again for sure! Thank you!
This is the exact recipe that my husbands grandmother, who was from Sweden, used to make her grand kids all the time when they were young.
Delicious! I've made these a few times, followed the recipe perfectly and they've turned out...perfectly! My husband and I can't get enough of these, and we're pancake fans, through and through.