Ingredients45 m servings 155
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of zucchini slices with salt and pepper.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat; cook and stir zucchini slices until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in the prepared baking dish. Layer zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, on top of marinara layer. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over zucchini layer; top with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 to 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Continue layering zucchini, 1/2 cup marinara, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use a cheap mandoline slicer to cut the zucchini.
- I like to use 32-ounce bottled sauce and serve the rest over whole wheat pasta.
- Pecorino cheese can be used in place of the Parmesan.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 7.1 13.7 9.4 19 558 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Simple, healthy and delicious! I used my griddle to cook the zucchini so I could keep it in a single layer. In addition to seasoning the zucchini with salt and pepper, I also used garlic powder....
This is an awesome recipe for people on a no carb diet! It is super easy, quick, and delicious! I put ricotta cheese mixed with a little oregano and mozzarella cheese and mild Italian turkey sau...
I added beef to the meat sauce. I added 2 cups of ricotta and 1 egg to the cheese mix. I used the zucchini to make 2” ravioli squares. The zucchini does express a lot of water, so sometimes th...
I used the sauce from The Worlds Best Lasagna recipe on this sight. Otherwise followed recipe. Turned out a little watery, but was still super delicious. Will definitely make again.
I made it for a dinner serving 20 people and they all loved it and asked for doggy bags
I alternated between layers of zucchini and no-boil lasagna noodles to soak up the extra moisture. Still used a ton of zucchini, but also got our pasta fix. The perfect way to use those overgrow...
very good, I boiled the zucchini first instead of frying and baked at 400 for 25 mins.