Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients38 m servings 914 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Season tofu with salt and black pepper.
- Place cheese-flavored crackers, potato chips, and saltine crackers in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin or can. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Whisk water and egg together in a small bowl. Dip tofu cubes in egg mixture then roll in crushed cracker mixture and place on a plate.
- Heat 6 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute tofu cubes, in batches if necessary, until golden brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Reduce heat to medium. Season cherry tomatoes with salt and pepper and add to the skillet; cook and stir until slightly softened, about 1 minute.
- Combine chickpeas, tahini, and garlic in a food processor or blender; with motor running, add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and process until hummus is smooth and has a slight sheen.
- Spread some hummus in each pita pocket. Top with tofu cubes, cherry tomatoes, and baby spinach.
- Cook's Note:
- If desired, you can wilt the spinach with garlic and salt for added flavor.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 914 calories; 54.3 g fat; 85.4 g carbohydrates; 26.6 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 1057 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1