Italian Tofu Meatballs
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 338
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3- to 5-pound weight on top. Press tofu for 15 minutes to drain excess water. Break tofu into small pieces and squeeze again to remove as much water as possible.
- Place tofu in a large bowl. Add onion, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, basil, marjoram, rosemary, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, hot sauce, and garlic; mix well with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the lined baking sheet. Form tablespoonfuls of tofu mixture into balls and arrange in rows on the baking sheet. Drizzle remaining olive oil over meatballs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and firm to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The ratio of Italian herbs should be equal to each other and everything should be chopped very small so it mixes together better. Use dried herbs if you prefer.
- Substitute soy sauce for the Worcestershire sauce if desired.
- The hot sauce can be any brand you like (Frank's Red Hot®, Tabasco®, or Cholula®).
- Substitute garlic powder for the fresh garlic if desired.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 23.2 19 15.9 55 917 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These are so tasty! Next time I make them, I'll do a double batch. I freeze them after baking, then just pull them out as I want them.
This is an awesome tofu recipe. For those afraid of tofu, I recommend recipes where the tofu is mixed with flavorful ingredients. I've tried cooking tofu sliced and diced. I don't like it. T...
So I hit “done” too soon! My biggest changes were to speed up the process to get under my 45 minute mark. First - I pull the tofu out of the fridge, open and drain. I squeeze out the water rea...