Ingredients13 m servings 127
- Grease and preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix sourdough starter and eggs in a bowl. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Stir applesauce into the batter; mix well to combine.
- Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the batter onto the preheated waffle iron. Bake until golden brown according to manufacturer's instructions, about 3 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The batter keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 127 calories; 1.4 23.3 5.2 37 261 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Organic whole wheat starter with 1 c. whole wheat flour and 1 c. unbleached. I added about 1/2 c. milk. Absolutely bodaciously delicious next time I’ll use honey rather than white sugar.!
Way too heavy and tough. Maybe I had them on the waffle maker too long. The only wet ingredients are applesauce and egg. Should have milk or something else wet.