Sam's Sourdough Waffles
Ingredients4 h 18 m servings 165
- Mix flour, 1 1/2 cup water, and sourdough starter together in a large bowl to make batter. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place until filled with large holes and bubbles, 4 hours to overnight.
- Stir oil, eggs, sugar, and salt into the batter; mix well to combine.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon water and baking soda together in a small bowl until dissolved. Fold into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pour batter onto preheated iron and bake until crisp and golden, according to manufacturer's instructions, about 3 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also make pancakes with this batter. Cook on a griddle as you would any other pancake recipe.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 165 calories; 8.2 19.1 3.7 25 408 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
These were great. I love how crispy the waffles turned out. To make these apple cinnamon flavored, I added a tablespoon of boiled apple cider and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
I have tried many waffle recipes in my life and I am 74 years old. These waffles are the best. They are light, crispy and taste great. I followed the recipe exactly. I love it that I can use...
Everyone loved the waffles went for seconds. Woke up my century old San Francisco sour dough Wednesday, fed it and got it going, Sunday morning early I mixed in about 200 grams of very happy st...
I reduced the amount of oil to about 1/3 cup and the salt to 1 1/2 tsp. The waffles came out crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. Waffle perfection! This is a keeper recipe!
These waffles were delicious! I made the following changes: 1) I didn't plan ahead enough to allow the sourdough to activate overnight. Instead, I just used more starter than the recipe called f...
These were fabulous. So light and fluffy. We doubled it for my family of 7 and they were gone in a flash with frequent requests for more.
I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil and added chocolate chips. My kids loved these waffles. They said the taste and texture are just like Eggos. We will definitely make these again.