Chocolate Blueberry Zucchini Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Getting my super picky kids to eat vegetables is always a challenge. My oldest loves chocolate and my youngest loves blueberries, so I combined the two into one recipe. I used a blend of whole wheat and white flours, added some flax seed, and tried to keep both sugar and fat content on the lower end. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 272
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Whisk white sugar, oil, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Fold in grated zucchini. Add 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom; mix until batter is combined.
- Combine blueberries and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour in a small bowl; toss to combine.
- Fold blueberry mixture gently into the batter. Pour batter into loaf pans, filling each one 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Replace 1/2 cup vegetable oil with applesauce if desired. I did not have any applesauce on hand, so I chose all oil.
- Another substitution is 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup wheat flour, and 1 cup wheat germ (this is the Sneaky Chef® blend). Again, I ran out of wheat germ, so I used a 1:1 ratio of all-purpose and wheat flours.
- This recipe also makes 8 to 12 mini loaves.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 272 calories; 13.8 35 4.8 37 267 Full nutrition