Rhubarb Beignet Bites with Strawberry Sauce
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients33 m servings 97 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Place rhubarb, white sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook until rhubarb is tender, about 5 minutes. Strain rhubarb, reserving sugar syrup.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and melted butter in a bowl. Stir in cooked rhubarb.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in buttermilk and rhubarb mixture until batter is thick and smooth.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spoon batter into a resealable plastic bag; snip a large hole in one corner. Working in batches, squeeze 1-inch lengths of batter into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir strawberries into reserved sugar syrup to make sauce. Serve sauce alongside beignets.
- Cook's Notes:
- I tried simply spooning the dough into the oil in donut hole-sized blobs, but the outside was almost burnt before the inside was cooked.
- You can blend the strawberries into the sugar syrup if you want the dipping sauce to have a smoother consistency.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 97 calories; 3.2 g fat; 15.4 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 264 mg sodium. Full nutrition