Gluten-Free Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 370
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add sugar and rhubarb; cook until rhubarb is soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add yogurt, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract; stir thoroughly until batter is combined.
- Drop cake batter over rhubarb mixture in the skillet. Spread it out gently until mostly smooth.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges, place a plate on top and carefully invert cake onto the plate.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I make my own gluten-free flour mix with one 24-ounce package each brown rice flour, white rice flour, sweet rice flour, and tapioca flour (I use the Bob's Red Mill ® brand) and 2 1/2 tablespoons xanthan gum.
- Substitute 1 can pineapple for the rhubarb if preferred.
- Substitute kefir or milk for the yogurt if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 370 calories; 21.9 42.5 4.9 44 458 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Quite good..only thing I would do different is to add more rhubarb..