Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 677
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread chopped peanuts on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Mix chocolate cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold peanut butter cups into the cake batter. Pour over peanuts in the baking pan.
- Mix 2 cups confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and peanut butter in another large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Drop tablespoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over cake batter in the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add milk and cocoa powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in remaining 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Remove from heat and let glaze cool somewhat, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour glaze over baked cake; glaze will pool in cream cheese craters.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for preparing the cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 677 calories; 40.1 75.1 11.8 79 560 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This turned out ok. Way too many ingredients for a boxed cake. I had never made a volcano cake and had to Google a similar recipe to find out when to add the chocolate glaze. The recipe does no...