Minty Mango Mojito
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients46 m servings 906
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 mojito)
- Combine water and sugar in a small pot over medium heat. Whisk until sugar dissolves in the water. Add 12 mint leaves. Bring to a boil and whisk for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Place lime and 12 mint leaves in a glass; mash together with a muddler to extract flavors. Add fresh mango; muddle until combined. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the mint simple syrup. Stir in coconut rum. Fill glass with ice and top with club soda. Stir 1 more time to distribute flavors.
- Cook's Notes:
- Two major things I have realized are key to making any mojito - whether this one or any other kind - use simple syrup and use a good muddler!
- For best results, make the mint simple syrup ahead of time and let cool. Store leftover syrup in the refrigerator. Use plain simple syrup if you prefer less of a minty flavor.
- There will be pieces of mango that will get sucked up your straw since they are muddled in the drink. I prefer that, and appreciate the ability to drink a cocktail and get my fruit intake all in one sip. It's a little difficult to strain the fruit out once it's muddled, and you would lose a lot of the flavor, so I recommend just keeping it in there, and if you don't like drinking the fruit, being careful where you put your straw!
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of simple syrup. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 906 calories; 3.5 212.9 2.1 26 48 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
So good!! I've been craving a mojito and was a little shy about trying a flavored one. I'm so glad that I did. My mom joined me out on the porch for cocktails (hers was sans alcohol... she reall...