Honey and Nut Ice Cream
Ingredients8 h servings 311 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Spread nuts on a baking sheet and toast in preheated oven, watching carefully, until golden, about 10 minutes. Rub the skins from the toasted nuts using a tea towel, then coarsely chop.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread chopped nuts evenly on foil. Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Pour chocolate evenly over nuts. Place in freezer until firm. Then break into bite-size chunks.
- Line a 8x8 inch dish with foil.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until light yellow. Beat in honey. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. In a third bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff. Fold cream into egg whites, then fold egg yolks into cream mixture. Fold in chocolate covered nuts, then pour into prepared pan.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight until firm. To serve, invert onto a platter, remove foil and slice.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 22.9 g fat; 23.3 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 43 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
WOW!! This ice cream was out of this world!! I made it using my ice cream maker and between the combination of whipped egg whites and aeration from the ice cream maker, it turned it to be qu...
This was nice. The texture is fantastic - really light and delicious and with a quite pronounced honey flavour. However you can really taste the raw egg in this recipe which I find a bit gross...
I didn't care for this at all! But everyone else in the house LOVED it. I have no idea why they did:) So thanks for the recipe I will have to make and don't like:)
I used Almonds instead of hazelnuts . Purely because I did not have any Hazelnuts It worked very well This Ice Cream is wonderful. Any more like this up you sleeve Michelle.