Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 56 m servings 643 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (3 quesadillas)
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken strips; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Transfer chicken strips to a glass baking dish; discard marinade.
- Bake chicken strips in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 20 minutes.
- Brush both sides of 1 tortilla with olive oil and lay on a flat surface. Sprinkle 1/3 of the pepperjack cheese on top. Add 1/3 of the chicken strips. Cover chicken with 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/3 of the chopped habanero and 1 teaspoon wasabi paste. Brush both sides of a second tortilla with olive oil and place on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 2 more quesadillas.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas until browned and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Wear gloves when preparing the habanero pepper.
- Pre-made teriyaki sauce can be used to marinate the chicken, if desired. Pre-cooked teriyaki chicken could also be used.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 643 calories; 33.5 g fat; 44.9 g carbohydrates; 38.2 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 1737 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1