Crabby Crusted Chickpea Cakes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients51 m servings 302 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 patties)
- Blend chickpeas together in a food processor or blender until they turn into a paste; transfer to a bowl. Mix onion, 1/4 cup parsley, eggs, salt, black pepper, and thyme into chickpeas paste. Add 1/2 of the oats and 1/2 of the bread crumbs.
- Spread the remaining oats and bread crumbs onto a plate.
- Form chickpea mixture into patties; press into oat-bread crumb mixture into completely coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add patties and cook until patties are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Mix crab meat, mayonnaise, celery seed, sugar, and paprika together in a bowl until crab salad is well mixed.
- Place a bed of lettuce on a serving plate; top with chickpea patties. Spoon crab salad on top of each patty.
- Cook's Note:
- Patties should hold together if handled gently. If they are too soft, mix in additional oatmeal.
- For an improved appearance form the crab salad by pressing it into a small finger bowl before removing and gently placing it on top of the patty.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 13.4 g fat; 31.5 g carbohydrates; 14.6 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 624 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1