Punjabi Lamb Korma with Onion Cilantro Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 57 m servings 330
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Blend yogurt and almonds together in a food processor or blender until a smooth, creamy paste forms.
- Heat a large, wide-bottomed pan over medium heat; add ghee and allow to melt. Cook and stir yellow onions in the hot ghee until evenly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Add lamb; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned, about 6 minutes. Mix cayenne pepper and salt into lamb mixture; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir yogurt-almond paste into lamb mixture; add water. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until meat is very tender, 2 to 3 hours. Stir garam masala, cardamom, and mace into lamb korma and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Mix red onions and cilantro together in a bowl; add lemon juice and salt and mix well. Serve salad alongside lamb korma.
- Cook's Note:
- Cashews can be used in place of the almonds. Paprika can be used in place of the cayenne.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 23.2 17.9 14.7 63 94 Full nutrition