Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients52 m servings 140
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place puffed wheat cereal in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour sugar mixture over puffed wheat cereal in the bowl; stir until cereal is evenly coated. Spread evenly into the lined pan. Cool until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- It's important not to use margarine in this recipe, as when you boil it with the other ingredients and pour it over the puffed wheat, it will cause the cake to crumble.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 6 21.9 1.2 15 50 Full nutrition