Sweet Banana Chimichangas
made it | 0 reviews |
"Filled with a sweet banana mixture, these delicious chimichangas are the perfect cure for your sweet tooth! Serve with your favorite ice cream for dessert, or with sour cream for a decadent breakfast treat. For an extra special treat, add a few chocolate chips before rolling up the tortilla!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 480 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 chimichangas)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add bananas and sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in whiskey. Add honey; simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors are combined, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas one at a time in a microwave until pliable, about 8 seconds.
- Spoon some of the banana mixture onto the bottom third of a tortilla. Fold in opposing edges and roll tortilla up tightly like a burrito, securing ends with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute margarine for the butter if desired.
- I prefer Irish whiskey, but bourbon would work equally well.
Per Serving: 480 calories; 19.9 g fat; 66.3 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 528 mg sodium. Full nutrition